Share this...

Monday, January 14, 2013

Australian Romance Reader Awards

GATHER THE BONES has been nominated as a finalist in the Historical category of the Australian Romance Readers Awards.




“A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it.” 
 - Samuel Johnson


The Australian Romance Readers Awards is a completely reader nominated contest. It's not a contest where I paid an entry fee and sent off my books with my fingers crossed. To be nominated as a finalist in this award means that readers went online and nominated my book to be considered as a finalist and the same readers will go online and vote. That's why it means so much!

Without readers I could not be a writer. Oh yes, I would probably still be scribbling away in notebooks (of the physical and digital variety) but without someone to read what I wrote, I could not possibly call myself a writer.

We put ourselves on the line when we release a book. How will it be received? Will anyone read it?...Will they like it? A writer is a writhing mixture of self doubt and fear.

What this nomination means for me as a writer is that I have touched readers and that is the greatest thrill a writer can have.


On Goodreads, GATHER THE BONES has 26 ratings and 14 reviews - some are from reviewers but most are from readers. Some of the comments that have touched me include: 

"The story... well that just blew me away."

"Oh, my goodness. What a wonderful read, I loved this. It had everything I want in a good book. An historical setting, a paranormal theme, attractive if slightly flawed characters."

"I was so sad to finish this book. This book took me 1 night to finish as I couldn't put it down. "

So, from me to you...Thank you, readers...! 

And if you would like to know more about GATHER THE BONES and read an excerpt, click HERE

“Readers, not critics, are the people who determine a book's eventual fate.” 
― Edward Abbey, Postcards from Ed: Dispatches and Salvos from an American Iconoclast